Monday, October 10, 2011

Flashback




One evening, under the amber ray of twilight sky, while I was looking the view of the city from the hill, the once-upon-a-time memory suddenly ran through my mind. It was the memoir of my childhood. It was sweet, innocent, and fuzzy. While the flashback was moving in the darkening sky, the chilling breeze fetched the voice from the past that I almost thought it had never existed. Well, I did not really know how to describe my feeling at that moment, but my heart responded as it wanted to embrace its best friend because it used to be tamed with this ancient breeze.

My childhood memory began to ask me “how are you? Why do you rarely visit me? I, your past, used to be with you; I miss your smell and smiley laugh. You used to run, with friends and I besides, along with joyful smiles without even know what was going on ahead. When you were sleepy, you fell asleep. If you did not have money to taste cookies, you bagged your mama. You cried when she denied. If you did not want to go school, you pretended that you were toothache. You were carefree and lived just for that moment. Even if you expected something in the future, you saw only beautiful things, green grass, fresh air, blue sky, and sweet candies. You were a happy human being. You knew only what you could see and those things that were around. You liked asking questions and craved for reasons as you were not mature enough. You were blissful because a truly happy person is a half-baked human. Consequences were nowhere in your dictionary.”

 “I still remember the smile on your face. You ran with no clothes on and your mama warned again. You pretended she did not say and continued playing. The rain fell down, but you thought it was the water from the pool. Every moment of that joy and pain was easy to forget and forgive. I mean, when you laughed, you were really happy; when you cried, you meant you were hurt. You were really who you were. At that moment, I was living with you and you lived with nature,” it continued.


“But now you have completely changed, almost like someone that I have never known before. Maybe an alien, I would call. Why do you still keep putting yourself into somethings that you do not belong to?  I know that you are not a happy man at all though you are trying to be as sweet as sugar. You have been spoiled by the ruthless time. You have left me and you do not miss me no more,” it finished and farewell from my ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment